Tree Removal / Trimming Safety
Tree removal and trimming inherently carries risks due to the nature of the work. There are many factors to consider before removing or trimming trees from your yard. Some dangers to consider before tackling a tree job can include:
- 1. Using heavy / sharp equipment - chainsaws, pole saws, wood chippers and many other types of cutting devices are used to remove trees and limbs. Improperly used, these can pose a serious health threat. Workers should be properly trained in the use of every tool they employ and what emergency steps need to be taken in the event of an incident.
- 2. Working high off the ground - Many tree jobs require workers to be off the ground where they can be susceptible to higher winds.
- 3. Precarious footing of hard to reach places - proper harnesses and climbing equipment can help keep tree workers safe while working in hard to reach places on the tree.
- 4. Insect stings / bites / swarms - trees are homes to all sorts of insect communities. Unless a tree worker is properly trained to read the signs, they might miss detecting hives or colonies of insects before disturbing them which can lead to very bad results.
- 5. Insect stings / bites / swarms - trees are homes to all sorts of insect communities. Unless a tree worker is properly trained to read the signs, they might miss detecting hives or colonies of insects before disturbing them which can lead to very bad results.
- 6. Proper detection of dead, rotting wood - rotten wood can give way leading to injury or falls. Properly identifying problem areas quickly is one way to avoid both damage to the tree worker as well as the tree.
- 7. Power line detection - Sometimes power lines can be hidden behind the leaf canopy. All it takes is a single branch touching the lines to charge the tree and make it dangerous. Please never let children climb trees close to power lines.
- 8. Hazardous irritants released from the tree being trimmed - As a defensive mechanism, some tree species sap is toxic. Other trees have spikes or sharp thorns that excrete chemicals. These can cause severe irritation and even life-threatening issues in some cases.
- 9. Trees with weak root systems - some trees look fine to the inexperienced layman but their root systems are diseased or damaged. These trees can potentially fall over causing extreme danger to life and property.
It is important to take these as well as other things into consideration before starting a tree removal or tree trimming project. If there is any doubt as to safety, a professional tree removal company should be consulted.
Home Services About FAQs Contact How to Hire a Tree Company
Tree Removal Safety Nuisance Tree Removal